May 23, 2010

It’s good to nourish your body…

But it's better to nourish your soul. As important as health and fitness are to me, I was too wrapped up in spending time with my friends and family this weekend to care even a little bit about eating healthy or working out. And I'm so glad. I had a wonderful, guilt-free weekend!

I am blessed that both my mom and my future mother-in-law are giving me bridal showers, and this weekend was bridal shower number one, back home in Westchester.

I've decided not to recap any meals I missed and just jump right into the shower fun. I was actually pretty stressed about this event because I do not like being the center of attention! Bryan and our dads brought me to the restaurant and we were immediately overwhelmed by paparazzi! There had to be twenty cameras in our faces!
Yet even though there was so much attention on us, the stress seemed to melt away when I let myself realize that everyone was there because they loved me, and I wound up having an amazing time.

5/7 of my bridesmaids.
Future mother-in-law, me and mom!
Sorority sisters!
Bridesmaids and me in my ribbon hat. As much as I hated wearing it, my cousin did an AWESOME job making it!
My mom, Nanny Annette, me, and Nanny Coombs. The most amazing women in my life.
Love them SO much!

Me (with the lovely hat) and my mom. Huge thanks to her for putting this all together.
So many amazing gifts...
The favors... wedding cakes and wedding dresses. They were every bit as delicious as they were cute!
And the reason that all these wonderful things are happening to me...
Love you Bryan!

So, there you have it. A wonderful weekend. Food and fitness will pick back up tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun shower! I was planning my brother's fiance's yesterday and I'm super excited to make her wear that hat :) Hope the second shower is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Bridal Shower surrounded by so many people who love you. :o)

    Jared and I are planning a mini-vacation to NY in June so we can enjoy your next celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome wknd--how fun! I absolutely love your dress....and the ribbon hat :)

    ReplyDelete