June 3, 2010

Content.

Tonight's dinner really left me quite content. I don't often feel completely satisfied after I eat and want to eat more, or I am way too full. But not tonight! :)

Recap of eats:

Last night's dinner...
My first time having a Morningstar Farms turkey burger. Not thrilled. It wasn't that bad, but it just didn't hold a candle to a homemade turkey burger. I smothered it in a mix of Dinosaur bbq sauce and spicy mustard and was happy. Not sure if I will buy these again though.

On the side I had a nice little snack plate
With FSTG buffalo chips, cucumbers, and yogurt blue cheese dressing. This was a new dressing for me and I really liked it. It didn't have the "yogurty" taste that the ranch had, and even though there was a definite "low fat" taste to it, the sharp blue cheese flavor was also strong. I will buy this again!

Dessert was an unpictured 100 calorie pack of chocolate pretzels, and lots of frozen grapes. Yum!

I skipped a breakfast picture today. I had vanilla yogurt, honeynut Cheerios, and fresh blueberries. My blueberries tasted a little dull, but the rest of breakfast was great. Big fan of the yogurt/cereal combo. Boring? Maybe. But oh so satisfying.

Lunch.
I had a thin with turkey and light veggie cream cheese, broccoli and cracked pepper hummus, and a 100 calorie pack of peanut butter crackers. This batch of turkey isn't so great. I kept getting weird bites that seemed fatty...Gross!! I think I might try to switch to another brand of lunch meat. Any suggestions?

And then there was dinner.
Another snack plate, with barbecue popchips, cucumbers, and salsa con queso and veggie cream cheese for dipping. I also had a jam sandwich.

And a fantastic dessert:
I have been all about mixing fruit and chocolate lately, so I had a banana yogurt and a deep chocolate Vitatop. Awesome combination :)

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure what lunch meat you eat now (?) sorry if i missed that in the post. I like Boars head! they have high quality lunch meats. I'm a turkey gal too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat meat anymore, but my dad loves the TJ's lunch meats- they're hormone-free, grass fed and organic, which is awesome considering the processing that some lunch meat goes through!! I'm boring with my breakfasts too, but I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love boars head BBQ chicken :) SO GOOD!!

    love those BBQ chips - FSTG makes the best chips. hands down!

    ReplyDelete