June 17, 2010

Many eats to share.

When trying to come up with a title for this post I tried to pick out something I ate over the past two days but there was just too much to choose from!!

Wednesday started off with
Blackberry yogurt, chocolate Cheerios, and red grapes. This flavor of yogurt was new to me and I had high hopes. Unfortunately it reminded me a little too much of blueberry. It grew on me as I ate it though. This was also my first time having chocolate Cheerios and they were great! They reminded me so much of Cocoa Puffs...yum! Tossed the red grapes in the yogurt which was simply delish.

Next up was a turkey sandwich.
Turkey on an everything bagel thin, topped with baby spinach, tomato, and feta cheese. I had strawberries and salty pepper Somersaults on the side. Over the past few weeks I have gone from liking to loving Somersaults. They aren't sold anywhere near me and I am going to be seriously sad when they are gone!!

Dinner.
A black bean burger with pickles, onions, ketchup and sriracha. I must have overdone it with the sriracha because my mouth was on FIRE the whole time I ate this. I had a pickle and southwestern baked chips on the side. The chips are a little spicy themselves, so this did not help the burn!!

I cooled off with dessert.
Vanilla pudding and a 100 calorie pack of brownie bites. This was another new purchase, and while they were tasty, there were far too few and they were far too small to be anywhere near satisfying.

Today's breakfast was a bowl of Ovaltine oats.
And red grapes. This was good, but I had imagined it was going to be much more exciting.

Lunch...
(Sideways, oops) Green giant vegetable medley, made a bit fancier with garlic, pepper ,and parmesan cheese. I also had some Santa Fe Somersaults.

I kept lunch light so I could enjoy some YOGEN FRUZ with Bryan :)
Chocolate yogurt mixed with bananas and raspberries and topped with blueberries. The banana overpowered the mix a bit, but it was still delicious. I always get a small and gobble it down in seconds and then mooch off of Bryan's fro-yo. Yet I refuse to buy a medium. Anyone else do this?

Dinner was
Turkey, spinach, tomatoes, and cracked pepper hummus on a multigrain thin. Plus broccoli and avocado hummus, and parmesan herb baked chips. The combination of all that hummus and broccoli is probably going to take a toll on my tummy later, but for the time being, it was worth it!

And finally, dessert.
A few cinnamon toast Pretzel Crisps and mixed berry applesauce. A fabulous pair :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see I'm not alone in my love for pickles! So many people HATE them, but they're one of my favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat fro yo every day and be happy. I try to get the smallest size possible since I could eat an entire tub of it!

    ReplyDelete