January 24, 2010

HUNGRY Sunday

Today's lunch...
I tried to cut out some carbs so I made little roll-ups of turkey and monteray jalapeno cheese, topped with dabs of spicy mustard. On the side I had fresh broccoli dipped in light veggie cream cheese (YUMMMMM) and tried out the original flavored popchips. I loved these chips...they reminded me of Munchos, which I was obsessed with in elementary school.
While both chips have approximately the same sodium and carbohydrates, popchips (single serve size) are only 3 grams of fat (versus 10g) and 100 calories (versus 160). popchips are clearly the better choice! I would give these an 8/10. Towards the end of the bag I started dipping the chips in leftover mustard (I'm such a dipper) and liked them even more. popchips should definitely come out with a mustard flavor!

Lunch was tasty but must not have filled me up very much because I was hungry all day long! I snacked on Newman's Own Organics Pretzel Sticks (featured below), N.O.O white cheddar soy crisps, dried fruit, and even a tiny bowl of oatmeal. I forgot how much I liked the soy crisps. Stay tuned for a "taste-off" between the white cheddar soy crisps and cheddar popchips later this week.

For dinner I chopped up a Morningstar Farms black bean burger,
mixed it up with red onion and pickles, topped it with Sriracha and ketchup and ate it on a whole-wheat wrap. DELICIOUS! I am huge fan of Morningstar Farms products.

I had more of these pretzels on the side.
They were AWESOME! I think I like these better than the first pretzels I tried. What I love most about these is their crunch. It almost tastes like they are a little overcooked...yum! 9/10!

2 comments:

  1. i love those pretzels too!! we put them out at the party here on friday and there were GONE in like 30 min!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenna! You won my giveaway. I would email you but I can't find your email address. Please email your mailing address to mmodandrea (at) aol (dot) com.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete