January 10, 2010

A Productive Day...of Good Eats

Today was productive!

I started the morning off with some red grapes and a blueberry Special K bar.
I was going to add a glass of OJ but Bryan got Orange-Pineapple flavored and I'm not a huge fan.

First we (finally) took down our Christmas tree.
Our adorable little tree that is now in storage :(

Then we did laundry.. fun fun! It was long overdue! And then I even managed to get in my usual workout.

Lunch was tiny tuna melts.
I toasted the party size pumpernickel bread with tuna and a little shredded cheddar and I had a pickle and Southwestern Ranch baked chips on the side. I added a little salt and onion powder to my tuna for a little more flavor. This meal was GREAT! The pumpernickel is awesome and the perfect size and the baked chips are really flavorful.

For dinner I made a quesadilla on a whole-wheat wrap.
I filled it with pepperjack cheese, baby spinach, and red onion. Pepperjack cheese is easily one of my favorite cheeses! This was so tasty I didn't even need any dipping sauces which is very rare for me! On the side I had a Garden Vegetable Medley by Green Giant.
I love this veggies! They are marinated in a light delicious sauce.

I had chocolate mousse for dessert.
It was even better than the caramel. Light and fluffy...YUM! And have I mentioned these are only 60 calories?

Quick Old Navy plug...
Up until a few weeks ago I hadn't shopped at Old Navy in years. I always notice their commercials with great deals, so I decided to finally look there for some pants for work. I found a pair of brown pants that fit really great. I wanted to get a few more pairs but was holding off until I got my first paycheck, so how excited was I when two pairs, in gray and khaki, arrived in the mail just the other day?! My mom surprised me and ordered them for me ! Isn't that awesome?! Thanks mom!!

I was so thrilled with my success with Old Navy that I stopped there last night to pick up a few things. I got a stainless steel water bottle (yay) for three dollars! I also got yoga pants, and because I'm so short I can fit into girls and only had to spend seven bucks on them!


About to watch The Blind Side with Bryan..heard it's good!

4 comments:

  1. oh man i LOVE old navy!!
    AND THE BLINDSIDE!! oh my gosh..best movie ever!! i love productive days..they feel so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it !! also, good move on the pumpernickel - just read about it in one of my health magazines - it was recommended as an alternative - the darker the bread, the more nutrients -
    Also, very cool move on your mom's part, but I'm not surprised-- she does stuff like that!! you think she loves you just a little???!!!! xooxox have a great Monday - love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....also - I just got this hot chocolate mix called Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets - it's 25 calories and 2 grams of sugar and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!! ok, it's no homemade hot chocolate but for an after dinner sweet tooth, it's perfect!!! plus, it'll keep you nice and toasty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat tuna. But that pumpernickel bread looks great. I'd eat it with chicken salad instead. ;)

    Glad you don't have to use your Dunder Mifflin water bottle at work! I was tempted to buy a water bottle for you at Target on Saturday when I saw all of their cute designs.

    ReplyDelete