January 1, 2010

A little introduction...

So before I dive into blogging I wanted to tell you a little bit about myself.

I grew up in Westchester County, NY in a small suburb called Hawthorne with my Mom, Dad, and brother Daniel.

(Also pictured are my fiance and my cousin)

Now I live in Geneseo, NY where I attended undergrad at SUNY Geneseo and am still attending for graduate school. I live with my fiance, Bryan, and the other love of my life, Ellie.



When I was young I was a skinny little thing...

but going through puberty (combined with my love to eat) made my weight really hard to control. Somewhere around 6th grade I began going through an awkward stage and by my freshman year of high school I was really uncomfortable with my body. (No pics necessary here!)

I decided to do something about it and started cutting back on things I loved like ham and salami sandwiches and chips. When people started noticing a difference in my weight, I realized I really could control how I looked. At first it was healthy dieting, but then began the dangerous cycle of losing weight, people telling me how good I looked, a growing desire to keeping hearing it, and then losing more weight as a result. My weapon of choice was cutting out carbohydrates and it unfortunately took until my senior year of high school to realize how unhealthy my diet really was. When I got to college my health took a backseat to partying and it wasn't until my junior year that I decided to pay more attention to what I was eating. Once again I cut out a lot of junk food, letting myself cheat on weekends of course, and even went vegetarian for a while. Since then I have battled with eating the way I want to and eating the way I should. I've found that recording what I eat, whether it be in a notebook or on thedailyplate.com, makes it easier to stay on track and I'm hoping that this blog will be a fun way to help me maintain a healthy diet.

Staying in shape has also been difficult for me due to the fact that I am not a fan of working out. At all! Even though I know how important exercise is, it has always been a challenge for me to keep up with it. I especially dislike working out in public, so gyms are out for me! I've found what works best are simple routines I can do at home. No, it's not ideal, but as long as I'm staying active, I'm happy. So in addition to what I've been eating, I'll also be sharing what I have done to try to stay fit.

Enjoy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment