February 27, 2010

Comforts.

Earlier today I received the devastating news that an old friend from home had died from an overdose. His death shocked me to my core but what is most difficult for me to grasp is the pain his family is feeling. No parent should have to bury their child. I ask for all your prayers and support.

I was glad I had reserved today to splurge because sometimes eating can be really comforting. Now of course I know the dangers of emotional eating and but I think it's okay to turn to pizza and wings after a rough day every once in a while. And so, I did.

I had gotten an Applebee's gift card from my dad for Valentine's day (thanks daddy) so Bryan and I ordered a little feast.

Boneless wings...
Buffalo, Honey BBQ, and Sweet and Spicy.
Veggie Patch Pizza.
(Just for me of course, Bryan doesn't eat cheese!) This pizza doesn't look too great but, trust me, it was fantastic. It was made with a super thin crust and topped with creamy spinach, bruschetta, mushrooms, and lots of cheese. I ate about half! The health-nut in me kept thinking about how it could have been just as tasty with whole-wheat crust, reduced fat cheese, etc.
Bryan ordered pulled pork sliders,
Which of course I tried. They were delish!

After comfort eating I moved onto comfort shopping. Online shopping, that is. I think this may be even less healthy then comfort eating! But it sure does help to relieve some stress. Sometimes I online shop for hours, but I usually stop myself before I buy. Tonight I did make one purchase...a taupe tunic from New York & Company. I don't always have the best luck with online purchases so I'm crossing my fingers that this one will work out.

To back track a little...

My lunch:
A whole-wheat wrap with spinach and artichoke cream cheese topped with sauteed spinach. Geez...think I ate enough spinach today? Holy nutrients!

Don't forget to enter my Newman's Own Organics Giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your friend...you and the family are all in my prayers.

    Sidenote; I love the fact that you love to EAT! Finally someone who likes to eat "naughty" food too! I am def going to start following you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What horrible news! I am so sorry.

    I am definitely guilty of turning to comfort food on bad days. I think its okay. Afterall, food is comforting! It is only bad, I think, when it is someone's only way of coping with difficult things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so so sorry girl!
    you deserve all the comfort food you want.
    prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry to hear about your friend :(

    There are definitely times for food as a comfort and that is one of them. I worked at Applebee's ages ago and forgot how much I love the boneless wings and pizza.

    ReplyDelete