February 26, 2010

Doesn't being snowed in...

Make you want to eat? Man, I wish I had stocked up on some snow day favorites. Right now I'd like to be eating tomato soup and grilled cheese. And maybe sipping some hot chocolate!

Last night I managed to work up the energy to do Cardio Party and also a 10 minute ab workout from OnDemand called Bridal "Ab"session...(cute, right?) I had done this one with Bryan before and it was so funny because the instructor kept saying things like stop stressing about your future in-laws! and I hope you're not thinking about flowers right now! Very corny. But definitely a good workout for my abs! And also a reminder that I am very blessed that my future in-laws are awesome :)

This morning's breakfast was
A RaisinBran Vitatop with a little smear of jam. The jam made it so much better...the bran ones are my least favorite.

Lunch was a Morningstar Farms Chik'n patty with roasted red pepper bruschetta.
On the side I had some broccoli and cauliflower dipped in spicy mustard, and Dr. Kracker's fire roasted crisps. I LOVED the delicious blend of flavors like sun-dried tomatoes, sweet potatoes, black sesame seeds, chili peppers, and cheddar. They are also loaded with whole grains! 8/10! I cut my chik'n patty up and made little cracker sandwiches! So satisfied :)

After lunch I felt the urge to exercise but wasn't in the mood for a long workout so I compromised with a Ten Minute Cardio Blast (Burn 100 calories in 10 minutes)
  • 1 minute - Brisk walk or march in place
  • 1 minute - Light jog outside, around the house or in place
  • 1 minute - Jumping jacks
  • 1 minute - Long jumps - jump forward, landing with both feet
  • 1 minute - Light jog
  • 1 minute - Jumping jacks
  • 1 minute - Squat and kick, alternating legs
  • 1 minute - Light jog
  • 1 minute - Long jumps
  • 1 minute - Brisk walk to cool down
I tweaked this a little bit because the long jumps were bothering my legs, so the second time around I did 50 jumping jacks instead. I felt great after!

Plans for this snowy day? Homework and more homework. Who's jealous?!

1 comment:

  1. aww im so sorry about the SNOW girl! i would go crazy to! atleast your eats still look great :) have fun doing hmwk..something i need to do!

    ReplyDelete