February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Dinner: Success! Valentine's Day Movie: FAIL!

Dinner at The Cheesecake Factory was FANTASTIC! We waited over an hour, but it was totally worth it.

We started out with some bread that was too delicious to resist.


Our appetizers...
I got the Tex-Mex eggrolls. These were awesome. I was craving Mexican and the mixture of spicy chicken, cheese, black beans, and corn, plus salsa and avocado cream for dipping was the perfect choice. LOVE these!

Bryan got the Ahi Tuna Tartare and a side of edamame.
I had a taste and both were delicious as well.

For my meal I got farfalle pasta in a garlic parmesan cream sauce with chicken, mushrooms, onions, peas, tomatoes and pancetta.
YUMMMM! I got this meal the last time I was there and have been dying for it ever since!

After eating to the point of discomfort I still had THIS much left.
Leftovers galore!

Bryan got a burger, but not just any burger...
A Kobe beef burger! (Best beef ever!) I didn't give this a try, but I'll take Bryan's word that it was delish. I did sneak a few of those salty fries, of course.

We headed to the movies after dinner and stopped at Walmart first to pick up some goodies to sneak in with us.
This picture is slightly inaccurate because I traded my SoBe lifewater for a Fuze right before we checked out. I was too full to need or want any of this but of course I made room for some snacking during the movie.

And the movie....

We gave in to the hype and saw Valentine's Day. One word...TERRIBLE. So so terrible! On the bright side, it was so bad that I entertained myself by making fun of it the whole time. But oh man, what a disappointment. Such poor acting from such great actors. I'm completely on board with the "it's trying to be Love Actually" theory and let me tell you this is NO Love Actually. It is just no good. I think Roger Ebert said it best when he said "If your date likes it, do not date that person again. And if you like it, there may not be a second date."

Anyway, as if I hadn't eaten enough already, I came home and ate some leftovers and then still managed to consume about half of this.
DIS-GUSTINGLY full! Ugh! Just way way way too much eating today. But man it was goooood :)

4 comments:

  1. GIRL that cake looks amazing!! yummm!!

    for my crust i use joesephs lavash wraps! and for sauce..well..just the ragu pizza sauce! haha pretty boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Valentine's Day to you and your fiancee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm.. Cheesecake Factory dinner looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the tex mex rolls at Cheesecake. Anytime I go (thankfully only once or twice a yr!) I have to get those or the avocado rolls-yum!

    Bummer about the movie, it has such a huge cast it either had to be outstanding or horrible. The latter is in :(

    ReplyDelete